1. CABLIVI Prescribing Information: Genzyme Corporation.
2. Scully M, Cataland SR, Peyvandi F, et al; for the HERCULES Investigators. Caplacizumab treatment for acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. N Engl J Med. 2019;380(4):335-346.
3. Zheng XL, Vesely SK, Cataland SR, et al. ISTH guidelines for the diagnosis of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. J Thromb Haemost. 2020;18(10):2486-2495. doi:10.1111/jth.15006.
4. Grall M, Azoulay E, Galicier L, et al. Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura misdiagnosed as autoimmune cytopenia: causes of diagnostic errors and consequence on outcome. Experience of the French thrombotic microangiopathies reference centre. Am J Hematol. 2017;92(4):381-387.
5. Scully M, Hunt BJ, Benjamin S, et al. On behalf of British Committee for Standards in Haematology. Guidelines on the diagnosis and management of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and other thrombotic microangiopathies. Br J Haematol. 2012;158(3):323-335.
6. Goel R, King KE, Takemoto CM, Ness PM, Tobian AAR. Prognostic risk-stratified score for predicting mortality in hospitalized patients with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: national representative data from 2007 to 2012. Transfusion. 2016;56(6):1451-1458.
7. Peyvandi F, Scully M, Kremer Hovinga JA, et al. Caplacizumab reduces the frequency of major thromboembolic events, exacerbations and death in patients with acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. J Thromb Haemost. 2017;15(7):1448-1452.
8. Joly BS, Coppo P, Veyradier A. Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Blood. 2017;129(21):2836-2846.
9. Masias C, Wu H, McGookey M, Jay L, Cataland S, Yang S. No major differences in outcomes between the initial and relapse episodes in patients with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: the experience from the Ohio State University Registry. Am J Hematol. 2018;93(3):E73-E75. doi:10.1002/ajh.25002.
10. Schieppati F, Russo L, Marchetti M, et al. Low levels of ADAMTS-13 with high anti-ADAMTS-13 antibodies during remission of immune-mediated thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura highly predict for disease relapse: a multi-institutional study. Am J Hematol. 2020;95(8):953-959. doi:10.1002/ajh.25845.
11. Knoebl P, Cataland S, Peyvandi F, et al. Efficacy and safety of open-label caplacizumab in patients with exacerbations of acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in the HERCULES study. J Thromb Haemost. 2020;18(2):479-484. doi:10.1111/jth.14679.
12. Sayani FA, Abrams CS. How I treat refractory thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Blood. 2017;130(14):1684. doi:10.1182/blood-2017-08-803171.
13. Kremer Hovinga JA, Coppo P, Lämmle B, Moake JL, Miyata T, Vanhoorelbeke K. Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Nat Rev Dis Primers. 2017;3:17020. doi:10.1038/nrdp.2017.20.
14. Holz J-B. The TITAN trial—assessing the efficacy and safety of an anti-von Willebrand factor Nanobody in patients with acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Transfus Apher Sci. 2012;46(3):343-346.
15. Azoulay E, Bauer PR, Mariotte E, et al; Nine-i Investigators. Expert statement on the ICU management of patients with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Intensive Care Med. 2019;45(11):1518-1539. doi:10.1007/s00134-019-05736-5.
16. Kremer Hovinga JA, Vesely SK, Terrell DR, Lämmle B, George JN. Survival and relapse in patients with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Blood. 2010;115(8):1500-1511. doi:10.1182/blood-2009-09-243790.
17. Upreti H, Kasmani J, Dane K, et al. Reduced ADAMTS13 activity during TTP remission is associated with stroke in TTP survivors. Blood. 2019;134(13):1037-1045. doi:10.1182/blood.2019001056.
18. Cuker A, Cataland SR, Coppo P, et al. Redefining outcomes in immune TTP: an international working group consensus report. Blood. 2021;137(14):1855-1861. doi:10.1182/blood.2020009150.
19. Vincent J-L, Castro P, Hunt BJ, et al. Thrombocytopenia in the ICU: disseminated intravascular coagulation and thrombotic microangiopathies—what intensivists need to know. Crit Care. 2018;22(1):158.
20. Chiasakul T, Cuker A. Clinical and laboratory diagnosis of TTP: an integrated approach. Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program. 2018;2018(1):530-538.
21. Canpolat N. Hemolytic uremic syndrome. Turk Pediatri Ars. 2015;50(2):73-82.
22. Venugopal A. Disseminated intravascular coagulation. Indian J Anaesth. 2014;58(5):603-608.
23. Wada H, Matsumoto T, Suzuki K, et al. Differences and similarities between disseminated intravascular coagulation and thrombotic microangiopathy. Thromb J. 2018;16:14.
24. Cataland SR, Wu HM. How I treat: the clinical differentiation and initial treatment of adult patients with atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome. Blood. 2014;123(16):2478-2484.
25. Laurence J, Haller H, Mannucci PM, Nangaku M, Praga M, de Cordoba SR. Atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS): essential aspects of an accurate diagnosis. Clin Adv Hematol Oncol. 2016;14 Suppl 11(11):2-15.
26. Supplement to: Scully M, Cataland SR, Peyvandi F, et al; for the HERCULES Investigators. Caplacizumab treatment for acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. N Engl J Med. 2019;380(4):335-346. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa1806311.
27. Protocol for: Scully M, Cataland SR, Peyvandi F, et al; for the HERCULES Investigators. Caplacizumab treatment for acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. N Engl J Med. 2019;380(4):335-346. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa1806311.
28. CABLIVI [instructions for use]. Cambridge, MA: Genzyme Corporation.
29. Zheng XL, Vesely SK, Cataland SR, et al. ISTH guidelines for treatment of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. J Thromb Haemost. 2020;18(10):2496-2502. doi:10.1111/jth.15010
30. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. ICD-10-CM/PCS MS-DRGv37 Definitions Manual: MDC 8 Diseases & Disorders of the Musculoskeletal System & Connective Tissue Disorders. https://www.cms.gov/icd10m/version37-fullcode-cms/fullcode_cms/P0213.html. Updated September 12, 2019. Accessed January 9, 2023.
31. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. 2023 ICD-10-CM. https://www.cms.gov/files/zip/2023-code-tables-tabular-and-index.zip. Updated July 27, 2022. Accessed January 9, 2023.
32. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. 2023 ICD-10-PCS. https://www.cms.gov/files/zip/2023-icd-10-pcs-code-tables-and-index.zip. Accessed January 9, 2023.